This event is for adults
Check out our schools and family programme for children’s events
A live, interactive event, delivered online
Welcome to the New Irish Books Showcase! We are delighted to introduce you to some wonderful new Irish children’s books for readers aged 0 to 8+ years.
Join us for an evening of back-to-back presentations from the creatives behind some wonderful children’s books published in 2021. There will be a mix of books, from debut authors, to renowned illustrators. Each author/illustrator will have four minutes to tell you all about their book; the story, their publication journey, and maybe even some sneak peeks inside the pages!
We invite parents, guardians, teachers, librarians, booksellers, aspiring writers/illustrators and all-round children’s books enthusiasts to attend this exciting event. The books showcased are suitable for readers ages 0 to 8+ years old.
With presentations from:
• David King (A Hug for You)
• Brian Fitzgerald (I Don’t Want to Go to School)
• Tatyana Feeney (Gairdín Mháire na mBláth)
• Emer O’Neill (The Same But Different)
• Aoife Greenham (Big Dance)
• Paddy Donnelly (The Last Seaweed Pie, Here Be Dragons, The Vanishing Lake, and Hom)
• Gerry Daly (Puffling and the Egg)
• Nicola Colton (A Dublin Christmas)
• Julian Gough (Rabbit and Bear: A Bad King is a Sad Thing)
Chaired by Sarah Webb
WonderFest would like to thank the authors and illustrators involved for volunteering their time to present their latest works for this event.