Welcome to the New Irish Books Showcase! We are delighted to introduce you to some wonderful new Irish children’s books for readers of age 8 to 12+ years.
Join us for an evening of back-to-back presentations from the creatives behind some exciting new children’s books published in 2021. There will be a mix of books, from debut authors, to award-winning writers. Each author will have four minutes to tell you all about their book; the story, their publication journey, and maybe even some sneak peeks from between the covers!
We invite parents, guardians, teachers, librarians, booksellers, aspiring writers/illustrators and all-round children’s books enthusiasts to attend this exciting event. The books showcased will be suitable for readers ages 8 to 12+ years old.
With presentations from:
• Erika McCann (Tabitha Plimtock and the Edge of the World)
• Donny Mahoney (Jason Sherlock: Great Irish Sports Stars)
• Siobhán Daffy (No Ordinary Joe)
• John Hearne (The Very Dangerous Sisters of Indigo McCloud)
• Ian Mark (Monster Hunting for Beginners)
• Lindsay J Sedgwick (Wulfie: Beast in Show)
• Amy Bond (Morgana Mage in the Robotic Age)
• Sinéad O’Hart (Skyborn)
• Padraig Kenny (The Shadows of Rookhaven)
• Paul Howard (Aldrin Adams and the Cheese Nightmares)
• Ger Siggins (Football Spirit)
Chaired by Ruth Ennis
WonderFest would like to thank the authors involved for volunteering their time to present their latest works for this event.